Friday, 28 February 2014

February Empties

February has been a busy month for me, which unfortunately has left my blog a little bit neglected; I had a whole list of posts planned but just haven't had the time to sit down and get them written up! Along with starting my new job at the end of last month, we also had problems with our internet connection because of the storms mid-month, and we had the little ones for ten days over half term which kept us nicely busy with trips to the swimming pool and the playground. I'm hoping things will settle down a little moving into March and I'll be able to get back to a proper, regular blogging schedule. In the meantime, here are the products I've used up in February!
Febuary Empties
Feb Empties 2
Naked Soft Touch Starflower Body Wash I love this stuff, I rave about it pretty much every month; it smells gorgeous and doesn't dry my skin out, instead leaving it soft and gently cleaned. I have two or three bottles of this in my stash currently as I stocked up whilst it was half price in Boots!
Repurchase? Yes!
Batiste Tropical Dry Shampoo I don't think a month passes without a trusty can of Batiste featuring in my Empties. I actually have completely run out now so I'm popping into Superdrug on my way to work today to stock up as I can't be without it!
Repurchase? Yes.
Impulse True Love Body Spray Another can of Impulse which I've had for longer than I care to think about; I wasn't particularly keen on the fragrance of this one as it was too floral for my liking. Nonetheless, I've used it up now!
Repurchase? No.
The Body Shop Rainforest Balance Shampoo & Conditioner Duo (x2) I got these four mini bottles in a set in the January sales and was really excited to try them. Whilst they smelt beautiful, they sadly didn't do much for me, with the shampoo not cleaning my hair/scalp to my liking, and the conditioner not being rich enough for my dry ends. Sadly, these just weren't for me!
Repurchase? No.
Feb Empties 1
Collection Longer Lash Lengthening Mascara This worked pretty well for me and is definitely a good budget choice, as well as being easy to remove with eye make-up remover or standard cleanser, but I still prefer my beloved Soap & Glory Thick & Fast mascara for the length and volume it gives.
Repurchase? Probably not.
Laidbare Working 9 to 5 Anti-Ageing Hydration Cream I really enjoyed using this moisturiser, it hydrated my oily skin well without making it sticky or greasy, which is exactly what I'm after in a moisturiser. I also liked that the ingredients list is free of nasties such as parabens and petroleum-based ingredients. I've got a few sample-sized moisturisers to use before I make another day cream purchase, but this is definitely on my list of potentials.
Repurchase? Maybe.
Superdrug Acetone Nail Polish Remover I deliberately chose the acetone version when buying this nail polish remover, to see if it made the removal of glitter polish any easier; I honestly didn't notice a difference, but did find that it dried out my cuticles, so in future I'll be sticking to the more conditioning, acetone-free versions.
Repurchase? No.
Mitchum Advanced Control 48 Hour Cream Deodorant This is the only deodorant I buy as it's the only one I've found to be effective for me; I don't rely on it lasting 48 hours as I reapply daily, but it does the job, has a pleasant scent, and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, which make it pretty much perfect in my book.
Repurchase? Already have.
The Body Shop Ginger Sparkle Body Butter This is one of my favourite body butter scents and I was pretty excited to pick this up just before Christmas (it's a limited edition festive scent). Like all the Body Shop body butters, I found this moisturised my skin well and left a beautiful scent behind.
Repurchase? Not currently available, but if the range is re-released this year, I'll definitely pick a couple up!
Boots Smooth Care Shave Gel This did the job just fine for me, giving a lovely lather with which to shave my legs and underarms. I only bought the Boots version because it was on offer; it's now full price again which makes it more expensive than picking up Gillette from Body Care, so that's what I'll be doing until there's another offer!
Repurchase? Not at the moment.
So, those are my Empties from February! What have you used up this month? Have you tried any of these products? Do you have any moisturiser recommendations for oily skin?

xo

6 comments:

  1. I love this body butter too. It has amazing smell!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your empties posts, they're so inspirational because I need to start using more things up! I love the tropical batiste, so summery <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great empties! Always fun to see what others have gone through. :)

    xo Brianna | Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Body Shop Gingerbread butter, it's wonderful.

    xxx
    http://www.forevermissvanity.com/2014/02/oaks-boutique-blogger-event.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, loved everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of empties :) I love these kind of posts!x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to leave a comment - I always try to return the favour, but please no 'follow for follow' comments - they will be marked as spam.
I ask that you don't leave blog links in comments, as according to Google's new rules this harms both your and my page rank. Thank you! ♥