Thursday, 6 February 2014

#NailArtWeeklyProject 2: Film or TV Show

Week Two of the #NailArtWeeklyProject which Danni has organised features a Film or TV Show theme; this was quite a tough one for me as I don't watch TV and rarely watch films, but in the end I went with Harry Potter. I'm definitely much more of a book person than a film watcher, but I do love the Harry Potter films, so actually this was a fairly obvious choice...
I started, as always, with a base of Nail Envy, then two coats of 'Crush' from Barry M's Matte Nail Paint collection, with two coats of 'Espresso' on my thumb and ring finger. I then taped diagonally across the 'Crush' nails and painted on two coats of an unnamed gold polish by Technic, to represent the Gryffindor house colours (I'd definitely be a Gryffindor ;D). Unfortunately, the tape left behind some of its sticky when I removed it, which is why the burgundy looks all lumpy. I did pop another coat of 'Crush' on which evened things out a little but it's still not as smooth as it should have been, which I'm quite disappointed with. A top coat would probably have helped but I didn't want to lose the matte effect. I used my Barry M Nail Art Pen in 'Silver' to draw the Deathly Hallows symbol onto my thumb and ring finger. I'm pretty happy with how these turned out, although I do think they would have been better the other way up, on reflection!
NOTD Deathly Hallows Gryffindor Harry Potter
Harry Potter Nail Art Gryffindor Deathly Hallows
Have you ever attempted Harry Potter-inspired nail art? Which Hogwarts house would you be in? What film or TV show would you have chosen for this week's theme?

xo

11 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I'd defo be a Gryffindor too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY so awesome!!! :D I'd totally be in Gryffindor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I'm always worried about using tape on my nails. So much so I do my french tips by hand now as the stickers they give you tend to ruin the coat below. Such a pain!

    As for which house I'd be in...I'd like to say Griffindor there's a lot of hermione in me but then I think there's a bit of Malfoy about me so maybe Slytherin! I do like power and can be easily swayed :P
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. came out great!!! :) you have pretty nails
    xx Jeeshan
    http://www.beautydosage.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Deathly hollows symbol is cool! I'll be in Gryffindor for sure! But cannot wait to try Slytherin's inspired nail art ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh these are great, I love Harry Potter.
    I reckon they'd stick me in Hufflepuff :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love! Makes me want to watch all of the movies!
    ♥b

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh so amazing!! I'm a Gryffindor too <3 <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never done Harry Potter-inspired nail art but yours looks amazing, knew what it was as soon as I saw the photo :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to leave a comment - I always try to return the favour, but please no 'follow for follow' comments - they will be marked as spam.
I ask that you don't leave blog links in comments, as according to Google's new rules this harms both your and my page rank. Thank you! ♥