Thursday, 13 February 2014

#NailArtWeeklyProject 3: Valentine's Day

Week Three of the #NailArtWeeklyProject organised by Danni is themed on Valentine's Day, which is of course tomorrow! I've sadly been quite pushed for time this week what with work and training courses, so I went with a simple heart design. Over a base of OPI Nail Envy, I started with three coats of Models Own 'Snow White' on all nails but my ring finger, which I painted with two coats of Rimmel Lycra 'Ruby Me', pressing the heart sequins into the second coat before it dried. I then used a dotting tool to create the hearts and polka dots on the white nails with the Rimmel polish. I finished off with a coat of Jacava LONDON's topcoat although, as you can see, I didn't wait quite long enough before applying it which caused some of the hearts to smudge. Otherwise, I'm fairly happy with how this turned out!
Valentine's Nail Art NOTD
NOTD Valentine's Nail Art
What will you be wearing on your nails this Valentine's Day? Are you attempting any nail art? What do you think to my efforts?

xo

11 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! I wish I had nails. :( You did such a great job on them.
    Marie
    http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails look really good :) Wish I was good at nail art! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're really cute! I need to practice my nail art more! i guess i am usually too lazy :p
    great job!

    Alice
    http://alicesbeautymadness.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great Jess! So jealous of your lovely long nails.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable!! I love the designs!! :)

    Layla xx
    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO PRETTY! Ahh I love valentine's day! ♥♥♥b

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooooo Adorable !! Loved it :)
    :) Happy Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww so cute, perfect for Valentine's Day! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to leave a comment - I always try to return the favour, but please no 'follow for follow' comments - they will be marked as spam.
I ask that you don't leave blog links in comments, as according to Google's new rules this harms both your and my page rank. Thank you! ♥