Saturday, 1 March 2014

#NailArtWeeklyProject 5: Glitz & Glam

The fifth and final week of Danni's #NailArtWeeklyProject is themed 'Glitz & Glam'; I had a lot of ideas for this theme but sadly not the time to really do any of them properly, so I ended up going for something of a cop-out in the form of a glittery topcoat. I started with Nail Envy, as always, followed by two coats of 'Plum' from Barry M's Gelly Hi-Shine range. I really love the rich, deep purple shade of 'Plum' and the lovely glossy finish it has! Once this was dry, I added a thick coat of 'Frenzy' by Sinful Colors, which is a gorgeous mix of fuchsia and aqua glitter in a clear base. My nails are quite short at the moment as I've had to cut them for work (sob!) but I think this actually looks pretty good on shorter nails. The photos below are without topcoat, and sadly they really don't do justice to how sparkly the glitter in 'Frenzy' is!
#NailArtWeeklyProject 5 Glitz & Glam Sinful Colors Frenzy
I think 'Frenzy' worked really well with 'Plum', although I'm also looking forward to trying it over lighter shades to really make it pop! What do you think of this week's mani? What would you have chosen for the theme 'Glitz & Glam'?

xo

6 comments:

  1. They look amazing!!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these nails, wish I could do something like that but never can lol i'm so terrible at nails! yet yours just look perfect. Great blog x

    Have a great weekend,
    Lucy xxx
    Florals & Corals

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome design- I especially love the glitter :)
    Emma XOXO CanvasOfAFace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous combination Jess. Plum is one of my favourite shades from Barry M.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the glitter! Such a pretty combo of colors! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to leave a comment - I always try to return the favour, but please no 'follow for follow' comments - they will be marked as spam.
I ask that you don't leave blog links in comments, as according to Google's new rules this harms both your and my page rank. Thank you! ♥