Sunday, 10 August 2014

FOTD: Tea Rose

One of the products I ordered recently from ELF when there was a 51% off code was their Studio Matte Lip Color in the shade 'Tea Rose'. I've been wearing this shade a lot lately as it's a really pretty flattering everyday kind of shade which takes minimal preparation of the lips and wears well. "This convenient jumbo sized lip pencil creates exact color application. The pigment-rich color glides on effortlessly and provides long-lasting matte color. The enriched Vitamin A, C & E formula moisturises and hydrates lips for all-day comfort. Directions: Apply to lips and blend in color. Re-apply as often as desired."
ELF Matte Lip Color 'Tea Rose'
The Matte Lip Color comes in cardboard outer packaging with the shade name in a swatch indicating the colour; in this case, 'Tea Rose' which is a dusky blue-toned pink. The product itself is housed in a matte black plastic crayon with a click-on cap, which feels really secure. The base of the crayon twists to release more product, and the colour of the base corresponds with the shade, which would make it easier to pick out a specific shade if you had a few of these. The crayon is slimmer than many other lip crayons, which I like as it makes for an easier and more accurate application.
Swatch ELF Matte Lip Color 'Tea Rose'
The crayon can drag slightly on the lips but the colour transfers nicely and evenly, leaving a semi-matte finish which lasts 2-3 hours on my lips, even when eating and drinking. The colour seems to fade pretty evenly and doesn't leave behind a stain, making it ideal if you know you're not going to have chance to top up. I really like the shade, which looks natural on my skintone, with the blue undertones making my teeth look whiter. Overall, I'm really impressed with ELF's Studio Matte Lip Color and would be happy to order another shade or two to add to my collection!
FOTD Elf Matte Lip Color 'Tea Rose'
[Products used: Pop Beauty Face Magnet Primer (on forehead/nose);
The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser (on cheeks/chin); Revlon ColorStay
Foundation in 110 'Ivory'; Collection Loose Powder in 'Translucent';
MUA Powder Blusher in Shade 2; MUA Mosaic Blusher in 'English Rose'
(as highlighter); MUA Pro Brow Kit; ELF Baked Eyeshadow Palette in 'Seattle';
Accessorize Volumising Mascara in 'Jet Black'; ELF Studio Matte Lip Color in 'Tea Rose']
ELF's Studio Matte Lip Colors are available in six shades, priced at £3.95 for 1.8g of product. I really like the shade I have and find it easy to apply, comfortable to wear, and long-wearing. I'd definitely recommend picking up 'Tea Rose' or any of the other shades that catch your eye! Have you tried ELF's Studio Matte Lip Colors? Which shade do you most like the look of?

xo
PS, Don't forget to enter my 500 Bloglovin' Followers Giveaway if you like the look of 'Tea Rose' - it may or may not feature in my mystery box of beauty goodies!

4 comments:

  1. This is a lovely shade on you! I have never tried any Elf products but this lip pencil seems nice!

    creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know elf has this lip color lol haven't checked their stalls lately. anyway, nice fotd, perfect for everyday look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely mauve pink shade, I tend to go for these quite often :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elf always has such great beauty products...I really need to order from them more often! This lip colour is gorgeous...It reminds me of MAC Creme Cup so much :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to leave a comment - I always try to return the favour, but please no 'follow for follow' comments - they will be marked as spam.
I ask that you don't leave blog links in comments, as according to Google's new rules this harms both your and my page rank. Thank you! ♥