Monday, 11 August 2014

The British Tag

Today I'm sharing my answers to The British Tag which was created by Sammi; I've not actually been tagged to do this but I saw Essiebutton's video and thought it was such a fun tag. Also her video is hilarious so if you haven't seen it and you get chance, definitely give it a watch here.
The British Tag
How many cups of tea do you have per day? How many sugars?
It varies, but I do drink quite a lot of tea. I'd say maybe five or six cups per day, and I have a pretty big mug! I like my tea well-brewed and sometimes I have a sugar - usually my first cup of tea of the day has a sugar in. I'm on my second cup of the day so far and it's just after 10.30am.
British Tag tea
Favourite part of a Sunday roast?
Roast parsnips, without a doubt. Can I also be really cheesy and say I love the whole process of making the Sunday roast, and of course the time spent with loved ones? Oh and gravy. I love gravy.
What is your favourite dunking biscuit?
This is a tough question but I'm going to say Ginger Crunch, though there is definitely an art to dunking the Ginger Crunch, you have to get the timing perfect! My favourite non-dunking biscuit would definitely be the Bourbon.
What's your favourite quintessentially British pastime?
I love walking my dog. I know that's not exclusively a British thing to do, but when done in the Lancashire countryside I'm going to say it counts and that's that!
What's your favourite word?
I looove words, this is such a hard question. I really like how 'inconsequential' sounds. I tend to like words for how they sound rather than whether I'll actually use them. 'Furthermore' is another favourite, but that has a family history ever since my brother's teacher gave them a list of words when he was about seven - they had to include at least one word from the list in each piece of written homework, but I think he lost the list and the only one he could remember was 'furthermore'. So in it went. In every piece of work he ever handed in. And now it's a running joke; no essay, job application or letter can be considered complete until it contains 'furthermore'.
What's your favourite Cockney rhyming slang?
I don't know any Cockney rhyming slang apart from apples and pears (stairs), which is a direct consequence of growing up in the NORTH. I can tell you about Lancashire dialect if that's your thing, though? Also my Dad has a whole host of words that I grew up using, and every so often I'll use one in general conversation and no-one has a clue what it means, and it turns out it's not a real word. 'Clarty', for example, which refers to a particular consistency of mud... I thought clarty was a real word!
What are your favourite British sweets?
Firstly, I have to say that I would choose chocolate over sweets almost every time. On the occasion that I fancy sweets, though, it's gotta be Jelly Babies, or Dolly Mixtures.
What would your pub be called?
This is an interesting one and it took some thinking about! In the end I am going to say The Painted Pigeon because it sounds nice and a little bit quirky, and I can't think of anything better. Also I could have seasonal changes to my pub sign. The pigeon could wear Halloween face paint, or Christmas face paint, or be otherwise painted to suit the time of year.
Number One British person?
This is a horrible question. I feel like if I'm allowed all four members of McFly, that will be my answer, but that's probably cheating and I probably need to commit to a number one, like the question asks. In which case... I don't know! I really don't know. I might have to come back to this one. Essie mentioned David Attenborough and Dave Lamb, the commentator off Come Dine With Me, who I have to say are both honourable mentions for sure!
Favourite shop/restaurant?
My favourite shop would probably be either H&M or Boots. I do, however, have a lot of love for stationery shops, and those shops selling a bizarre assortment of bits and bobs, and I really love health food shops, and B&Q. I could spend hours in B&Q. I don't think I really have a favourite restaurant - I'm not picky, as long as there's food I'm probably happy!
What British song pops into your head?
Anything by McFly, of course! I think this is my favourite, at the moment. Also I love how young they all look! I can't believe this was almost seven years ago.
Marmite - Love it or hate it?
Here is where I am a little contentious - I am indifferent to Marmite, which makes people distrust me. I wouldn't say I love it and it's not something I'd choose, but I could eat it if I was given it.
OH OH OH BILL NIGHY. Is he British!? Google says he is, so can be my Number One British Person purely for his role as Davy Jones in Pirates of the Caribbean. Boom! Ahem. Anyway, now I've calmed down over Bill Nighy, I'd like to tag anyone reading this to answer the questions - I know that's a cop-out and I'm not sorry. Do you enjoy reading tag posts? What's your favourite tag? Let me know if there are any you think I should do!

xo
PS Remember you have til midnight TONIGHT to enter my 500 Bloglovin' Followers Giveaway! Go go go!

6 comments:

  1. Nice Post ....its fun to know more about bloggers and their lives.. :) I love chocolates tooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the tag defo going to have to do this one xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually don't think i've tried Marmite, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post! I had fun reading this, though I needed to use google to look up what Marmite is :)

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea! love tags good to get to know the blogger more.

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to leave a comment - I always try to return the favour, but please no 'follow for follow' comments - they will be marked as spam.
I ask that you don't leave blog links in comments, as according to Google's new rules this harms both your and my page rank. Thank you! ♥